If you’re already a Crunch client, you’ve made your decision about who you’d like to look after your accounts (and a fine decision it was too, if we say so ourselves). If you’re still on the fence or haven’t tracked down an accountant that meets your needs yet, we’ve produced a handy downloadable guide to choosing an accountant to help you make an informed decision.
Don’t worry, although this guide is in Crunch livery it is meant to be an unbiased, helpful resource to assist freelancers, contractors and small businesses in finding an accountant that suits their business. We know online accounting isn’t for everybody, and this guide reflects that.
If you are choosing your first accountant, there are many factors to consider. There are as many types of accountant out there as there are client, so finding one who is a perfect fit can be challenging.
In the guide, we cover –
– Online vs Offline accountants – the benefits and drawbacks of both.
– Flat-rate vs Hourly billing
– Minimum terms & exit fees
– Access, growth, response times & proactivity
– Qualities to look for in a practice
– Your responsibilities
– Reviewing your relationship