We’ve been rolling out Snap, our fabulous receipt-scanning service, to iPhone and Android users over the last few weeks. Now that the apps for both platforms are out the door we’re introducing a new email service which will enable all Solo, Complete and Max clients to take advantage of Snap no matter what device they have in their pocket.
From today, once you’ve activated Snap on your Crunch account you can email your receipts to email@example.com and they will be processed in exactly the same way as if they’d been submitted through the Snap mobile app.
You can email in a photo of your receipt, or simply forward PDF or plain text invoices (for example, if you buy something from Amazon and need to record it as an expense) and the data will be captured and appear in your Crunch account, usually within 24 hours.
A few things to remember:
– You must activate Snap on your Crunch account before emailing in receipts. If you do not activate Snap your receipts will not be processed. You can activate Snap in the Crunch Connect tab.
– You must send the expense from the email address you use to log in to Crunch, or we have no way to identify you.
– You can still use the email service if you are already using the Snap mobile app.
– Our email service supports JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, PDF and ZIP formats.
– For images the maximum file size is 6MB, for ZIP files 100MB, and we can only accept PDFs of 30 pages or less
Remember, Snap operates on a fair usage policy. We recommend you upload between ten and fifteen receipts per month. We don’t mind if you exceed this number now and again, but expect to have your usage throttled if you consistently upload a large amount!
As always, if you have any questions leave us a comment here, or ping us on Twitter.