Are you a part way through completing ACCA or almost finished AAT, with experience working in an accountancy practice, and looking to progress your career in an exciting Brighton accountancy & technology company?
Do you have a passion for accountancy and finding new ways to challenge what some consider a ‘boring’ job? Do you want to be part of our goal to become the no.1 accountancy firm in the UK for small businesses?
About the role:
What will this role be responsible for?
Consistently deliver all Crunch accountancy-related processes ensuring that accounts and tax returns are completed according to statutory principles, professional guidelines and quality. Ensure that all key service and performance standards are met and that clients are completely satisfied with the quality of advice and service delivered.
What are the duties?
To include, but not limited to:
- Assist in the development of Trainee accountants.
- Assist the Semi-Senior and Senior Accountants with the resolution of and handle complaints through to satisfactory conclusion within the required service level.
- Carrying out all accountancy related activities required that fall under the accountants’ responsibility, including, but not limited to producing year end accounts, self assessment tax returns, Pre Crunch, Quarterly VAT returns, PAYE returns etc.
- Keeping up to date with latest changes to tax laws, rules and regulations through attendance at industry courses, workshops etc.
- Share knowledge and support the development of the Accountants on the team.
- Build strong working relationships between Accountants and Client Services.
- Effectively collaborate with other Accountants across the team to ensure knowledge is shared and that high quality advice and service is delivered consistently to Crunch clients at all times.
- Proactively manage own tasks, tickets and team phone calls..
- Maintain your understanding of the Crunch system, and update this knowledge as new features come available. Engage in system testing new features as required.
- Attend any training to develop knowledge & skills
- Willingness to ‘pitch in’.
- Adhering to company processes and policies
We offer a range of staff benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local fitness centres and food/coffee establishments, and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. You will work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together.
Crunch Accounting, named the UK’s fastest growing accountancy firm in 2013, combines a team of expert in-house accountants available on the phone with easy-to-use online accounting software. Designed specifically for freelancers, contractors and small businesses, Crunch Accounting is more than just accounting – it’s a business tool.
The accountant and software service is available for a fixed monthly fee of £69.50. For this, users can invoice, add expenses, have their annual accounts and returns prepared and see the exact health of their businesses instantly with a fun, innovative and simple-to-use website with banking grade security. We exist to make you and your business successful.
Please email any applications, including cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.