Do you have a passion for agile development and influencing the evolution of systems such as Crunch, to dramatically change the accountancy industry? Do you want to be part of our goal to become the no.1 accountancy firm in the UK?
As a Java Developer at Crunch you will have the opportunity to join us in enhancing the ground-breaking systems and benefit from developing your skills in our friendly working environment.
About the role:
As a Java developer you will be a productive and active Developer on a Scrum team, capable of conducting code reviews on other developer’s code and working independently when necessary.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, building and testing software to the standard defined by the Product Owner
- Understanding the Scrum development process and contribute activity to all activities involved in that process (for instance stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives and sprint planning)
- Assisting with deploying software to development/test/production environments
- Reviewing code from other developers, providing constructive criticism
- Working as part of a team and independently when necessary
Technical skills required:
- JUnit (TDD), Cucumber (BDD) or equivalent
- ORM Frameworks (JPA / Spring Data)
- A web development framework – Spring preferable, SEAM an advantage.
- An appreciation for other languages and frameworks
- Good objected-oriented software design skills
We offer a range of staff benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local fitness centres and food/coffee establishments, and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. You will work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together.
Crunch Accounting, named the UK’s fastest growing accountancy firm in 2013, combines a team of expert in-house accountants available on the phone with easy-to-use online accounting software. Designed specifically for freelancers, contractors and small businesses, Crunch Accounting is more than just accounting – it’s a business tool.
The accountant and software service is available for a fixed monthly fee of £64.50. For this, users can invoice, add expenses, have their annual accounts and returns prepared and see the exact health of their businesses instantly with a fun, innovative and simple-to-use website with banking grade security. We exist to make you and your business successful.
Please email any applications, including cover letter and CV to email@example.com.