Office and Facilities Coordinator
As the Offices and Facilities Coordinator, yourThe key function of this role is to provide a consistent office, facilities and premises coordination service in a fantastic office environment, sharing a commitment to safe working and embedded Health and Safety practices and ensuring that the administrative duties undertaken in support of our team members are conducted seamlessly and efficiently.
- Experience of coordinating a facilities management service in a small to medium sized organisation.
- Experience of liaising with external suppliers and contractors for reactive or planned repairs or improvement work.
- A Health and Safety qualification would be an advantage in this role, such as IOSH or NEBOSH.
- DSE Assessor and Fire Warden qualifications would be advantageous but will be provided to the post holder and/or updated as and when required.
- Office administration skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google packages.
- Experience of line management of 1-2 team members would be desirable.
- Budget control and management experience desirable.
- Some support out of hours will be required including occasional evening and weekend working.
About the role:
- Responsible for maintaining the internal condition of the building and being the primary point of contact with our property landlords on internal and external issues that require attention or action.
- Development of facilities management plan of works.
- Manage allocation of Telecom House car parking for team members and prioritising requests.
- Provide details of visitors and car parking requirements, liaising with Telecom House reception team.
- Support the issuing and cancelling of office security passes to team members in conjunction with the IT Support team and liaise with the building landlords to ensure access for contractors out of hours.
- Serve as out of hours back-up and escalation for security alarm company to contact in the event that Directors on call out list are not contactable.
- Support the work of the Finance and Facilities department, service monitoring and ensuring that required standards are maintained.
- Liaise with contractors who supply services to Crunch such as cleaning, maintenance of leased equipment and routine electrical testing.
- Manage suppliers and procurement of consumables such as stationary, food and beverages for team members and cleaning items.
- Support the attainment of the ‘B-Corp’ standard for Crunch including our commitment to environmental and waste management activities and sourcing from local suppliers where possible.
- Conduct daily visual inspections of the office environment and identify any repair or action required of fixtures and fittings to maintain the presentation standards of the office.
- Organise and manage all office and desk moves and ensuring office plans are maintained. Support office capacity planning in line with operational business plan.
- Be involved in planning for events such as large scale team social events such as the summer and Christmas parties and monthly staff updates.
- Engage with other tenants of Telecom House to network and influence the building landlords on facilities issues affecting all tenants. Attend meetings as and when arranged.
Health, Safety and Wellbeing:
- Act as Health and Safety Officer for the Company, leading on all Health and Safety and Fire Safety issues, including coordinating the fire marshals during office fire evacuations.
- Support the Crisis Management Team in implementing the Company’s Business Continuity Plan, including regular testing of its effectiveness.
- Liaise with the HR and L&D team to organise required training for nominated team members on First Aid, Fire Safety, Defibrillator, DSE Assessor and annual mandatory training for all team members on Health and Safety.
- Manage and update the General Office Risk Assessment and ensure control measures are in place to mitigate risks and plan for activities such as COSHH checks and PAT testing when required.
- Conduct more in-depth DSE Assessments when issues are identified in DSE self-assessments and home working risk assessments where appropriate.
- Manage office environmental conditions such as air conditioning and heating and initiate repairs quickly, especially during extreme weather conditions.
Office and Administrative Duties:
- Cover for and support Business Administrator or Accounts Administrator as appropriate with administrative duties including post activities, meeting room configuration and provision of supplies to the team.
- Manage the post room activity, liaising with Client Services department and ensuring compliance with Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will apply in the UK from May 2018.
- Support with the organisation of business events including purchase of items for the monthly staff updates and wider company social events for employees.
- Liaise with the Director’s Executive Assistant to organise meetings with external visitors and ensure that refreshments or other items such as stationery items or equipment are provided.
We offer a range of staff benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local fitness centres and food/coffee establishments, and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. You will work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together.
Please email any applications, including cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org.