Are you a Qualified or nearly Qualified Accountant (ACCA or Equivalent), with experience working in an accountancy practice, looking to progress your career in an exciting Brighton technology and financial services company?
Do you have a passion for accountancy and finding new ways of working to challenge the status quo? Do you want to be part of our goal to become the no.1 accountancy firm in the UK?
About the role:
What will this role be responsible for?
Effectively and efficiently manage a small team of Accountants to deliver a range of accountancy related activities ensuring that accounts and tax returns are completed according to statutory principles, professional guidelines and quality. Ensure that all key service and performance standards are met and that clients are completely satisfied with the quality of advice and service delivered.
Support delivery of the agreed operational KPI’s.
Actively participate in the on-going growth & development of Crunch.
What are the duties?
To include, but not limited to:
- Actively manage the day to day work of a team of Accountants ensuring that high quality advice, an excellent service experience is delivered and that all key performance metrics, service levels and advice standards are achieved.
- Actively lead, motivate, coach and develop Accountants ensuring they understand and deliver the required standards of service and advice at all times. Actively recognise great performance and manage underperformance.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of and consistently deliver all Crunch accountancy services. Ensure that a high quality service experience is delivered and that all key service levels are achieved while ensuring compliance with statutory principles, professional guidelines and standards of the AAT and ATT and requirements of membership and compliance with ICAEW and/or ACCA.
- Regularly audit the quality of service and advice delivered by your team.
- Carry out formal one-to-one meetings with Accountants and support their annual appraisals ensuring they are delivered to the required standard and signed off in a timely manner.
- Actively promote and manage the additional services delivered by Accountants to support achievement of Crunch’s key revenue growth targets (e.g. accountancy reviews, upselling packages, Client referrals, financial services etc.)
- Assist with the resolution of and handle complaints through to satisfactory conclusion within the required service level.
- Understand the level of knowledge & skills of the Accountants on the Team and work with other key stakeholders (e.g Training, Operations team and Client Relationship Managers) to ensure all necessary support is provided to Accountants when required.
- Build strong working relationships between Accountants and other key stakeholders.
- Effectively collaborate with other Senior Accountants to ensure knowledge is shared and that high quality advice and service is delivered consistently to Crunch clients at all times.
- Identify and offer suggestions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Crunch service proposition including the development of specialist services to meet specific client needs.
- Maintain membership of professional accountancy bodies and continue professional development.
Maintain your ability to carry out all activities that fall under the Accountant responsibilities including, but not limited to, year-end accounts, self-assessment tax returns, Pre-Crunch accounts, quarterly VAT returns etc.
- Proactively manage own tasks, client enquiries and client phone calls.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes to process, tax laws, rules and regulations through own study and attendance at industry courses and workshops.
- Help to maintain and improve the Crunch client help centre.
- Maintain your understanding of the Crunch system, and update this knowledge as new features become available. Engage in system testing new features as required.
- Attend any training to develop knowledge & skills
- Willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ to assist colleagues and deliver exceptional client service.
We offer a range of staff benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local fitness centres and food/coffee establishments, and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. You will work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together.
Please email any applications, including cover letter and CV to email@example.com.