Senior Java Developer
You are a team player
At Crunch, everyone on the team is responsible for delivering user focused products. You are willing to work closely with other developers to exchange skills and knowledge and work with a wide range of cutting edge technologies to produce outstanding products.
You are a creative engineer
You are passionate about creating elegant technical solutions relying on engineering best practice and relevant programming patterns. You are a fast learner, effective problems solver and enjoy getting products to market.
You are agile
Our teams take an iterative and collaborative approach which embraces changing requirements, they work in an iterative and incremental manner where the detailed requirements and design emerges over time. This requires great flexibility and discipline.
You like to share
Everyone contributes to making it a friendly and open community. You are proactive and keen to share your knowledge and discuss topics you are passionate about with your fellow colleagues.
About the role:
Do you have expertise with Spring and a strong experience working with microservices? Are you comfortable with working in an Agile and Lean environment and deliver software daily?
We are looking for a senior Java developer to help with the development of the next generation of the core platform at Crunch.
You will be working in a relaxed and informal work space, collaborating with a team of very talented individuals, and be collaborating in building a rich variety of services and features, using latest technologies and architecture patterns.
About the technology:
Our full technology stack is available here: https://stackshare.io/crunch
- Proven commercial experience developing in Java 7 or Java 8
- Strong exposure to agile and lean methodologies – Scrum, Kanban, TDD
- Experience with Spring Framework (Spring Boot a bonus)
- Experience with building RESTful APIs
We are an innovative FinTech company, located in the heart of Brighton, developing cutting-edge, cloud-based financial services for freelancers, contractors, and small businesses. Awarded Professional Services Firm of the year in 2016, our software (written by software developers just like you) is supported by a team of in-house accountants.
- Training, conferences and presentations; financial and accountancy training is also available.
- A great office opposite Preston Park in Brighton.
- A range of staff benefits including a company pension, life and health cover, free fresh fruit, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local fitness centres and food/coffee establishments, many social events and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in.
Please email any applications, including cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.