Location: Preston Park, Brighton
Are you a qualified Accountant looking to progress within your career and deliver exceptional results?
Crunch Accounting Ltd is currently looking for an experienced Accounting Service Manager (ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA) who is looking to take their career to the next level by joining a vibrant accountancy firm based in Brighton.
Crunch Accounting Ltd is an award winning online accounting firm providing tax and accountancy services. We combine our unique software with unlimited access to tax and accountancy advice, providing our customers with great service.
This will be the perfect job opportunity for someone looking to progress into a management role who thrives on working in a fast paced environment. To be successful, you will need to be highly client focused with excellent technical skills. You will be capable of handling complex accounts preparation and tax work independently. Leadership skills are important for this role as the successful candidate will be managing and developing diverse teams of accountants and trainees and working as part of the accountancy management team.
Crunch Accounting Ltd provides accountancy, tax, payroll and other financial services to over 10,000 online clients. We take pride in helping people start up their own businesses, helping them at every step of the way. We provide exceptional service to our clients, making sure we deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
The main responsibilities for this Accounting Service Manager role include:
- Work effectively as a member of the Crunch Accounting Management team.
- Ensure that Crunch clients comply with all aspects of UK accountancy law and provide advice and leadership on accountancy and tax matters.
- Manage Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for clients and ensure that quality and compliance with professional standards is consistently maintained.
- Manage teams of qualified and trainee accountants, and other support team members, effectively.
- Provide the leadership necessary to organise and manage team members efficiently and effectively for the accountancy service, being accountable for delivery of objectives, performance and outcomes, including quality of work produced.
- Be involved in the recruitment of Accountancy team members and supporting them with their induction and programmes of study.
- Technically strong and able to provide advice to clients persuasively, accurately and confidently.
- Identify training needs for the accountancy service in consultation with the HR and L&D Department and ensure this is delivered.
- Oversee delivery and achievement of internal service level targets, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Work with colleagues to develop and implement a sustainable capacity plan for the accountancy service.
- Summarising performance of the accountancy service towards targets in reports for consideration, and recommending action to be taken by the Head of Accounting.
- Deputise for the Head of Accounting as necessary.
- Effective networker throughout the organisation, advocate for the accountancy service throughout Crunch and contributing to internal meetings and forums.
- Represent Crunch effectively at external networking events, including prospective clients and employees.
- Dealing with complaints from clients and working with others to resolve these to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Provide guidance, training, coaching and mentoring to members of the team.
- Work with Client Services team to provide support on client retention.
- Support the development of new products and maximise opportunities for sales.
- Review compensation payments for approval by the Head of Accounting.
Role specific qualifications and experience:
- Qualified accountant with professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA) and a minimum of two years’ post qualification experience. Must be experienced in all accountancy services provided by Crunch.
- Candidates must have experience of working in a Senior Accountant or Accountancy Management role, ideally with experience in a mixed tax and accountancy role in a Practice environment, though candidates with industry accountancy management experience will be considered.
- Ideally would have an ACCA practising certificate, but Crunch will support with attainment of this if required.
- Must meet ongoing professional CPD requirements, including practising certificate renewal if applicable.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across all levels within Crunch and across multiple functions.
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit and breakfasts, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, half day off on your birthday, and subsidised local rail and bus travel.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or