Location: Preston Park, Brighton
Purpose of the role
As the Business Development Manager at Crunch you will facilitate the promotion of Crunch products and services within the external marketplace to help us achieve one of our business strategic objectives of increasing our reach, as we seek to consolidate and grow our client base.
You will also help to develop and nurture a pipeline of existing and future sales opportunities to drive revenue and growth. Working closely with the Partnership Marketing Manager, you will build external relationships quickly, with the passion to thrive in a fast paced and results driven business.
- Oversee the growth of the channel as an external facing ambassador for the Crunch brand, maintaining a prominent profile within the company whilst often working remotely.
- Act as a key point of contact for all existing and prospective affiliates, to instil the Crunch ethos and vision as champions of freelancers, contractors and small businesses.
- Develop a strategy to increase and improve Crunch affiliate numbers and the community which they work within.
- Identify and agreeing appropriate mutual targets for Crunch and each affiliate.
- Establish and maintaining networks with businesses and organisations in a variety of sectors, tenaciously generating new opportunities.
- Formulate strategic partnerships to develop the recruitment aspect of the channel, in particular through close collaboration with the recruitment sector and affiliate members of the Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCO).
- Report on a weekly and monthly basis on pipeline activity, progress and achievements to the Head of Sales and Marketing.
- Identifying and delivering relevant external presentations to exceed set targets and raise awareness of Crunch in the marketplace.
- Ensure that Crunch delivers on any promise or agreement made with affiliates.
- Monitor the ways in which our affiliates promote and advertise Crunch to ensure that Crunch standards are met and maintained.
- Maintaining awareness and communication so key internal stakeholders are aware of Crunch affiliates and maintain the profile of these activities.
- Manage agreed personal expenses incurred through regular travel and hospitality with prospective clients.
Role-specific knowledge and experience
- Extensive Business Development Management experience and demonstrable success in creating opportunities, closing business and exceeding targets.
- Demonstrable experience of building robust relationships, with an ability to thrive and hit the ground running in a fast paced and tech savvy environment.
- Field based, so flexibility to travel and stay overnight regularly at locations around the UK as required by the role is essential.
- Experience of working with a wide range of senior partners in a number of sectors.
- Awareness of APSCo and the benefits of membership in an affiliate capacity.
- Awareness of the features of a ‘FinTech’ business and topical issues within the wider business landscape.
- Experience of working in the recruitment sector, such as a recruitment agency or job board provider.
- Proven experience leading, coaching and developing sales professionals if the function grows.
We offer a range of staff benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, Cycle to Work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local food/coffee establishments, and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. You will work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or