Location: Preston Park, Brighton
About the role
Crunch is an innovative FinTech company, located in the heart of Brighton, developing cutting-edge, cloud-based financial services for freelancers, contractors, and small businesses. Named 'Innovative firm of the year' 2017, our software is supported by a team of in-house Accountants and Client Services Representatives
Are you a DevOps Engineer with experience working in a microservice environment? Are you comfortable with working in an Agile and Lean environment and delivering software daily? We are looking for a talented individual to help with the development of the next generation of the core platform at Crunch.
You will be working in a relaxed and informal work space, collaborating with a great team, and helping to build a rich variety of services and features using the latest technologies and architecture patterns.
You are a team player
At Crunch, everyone on the team is responsible for delivering user focused products. You are willing to work closely with others to exchange skills and knowledge and work with a wide range of cutting edge technologies to produce outstanding products.
You are a creative engineer
You are passionate about creating elegant technical solutions relying on engineering best practice and relevant patterns. You are a fast learner, an effective problem solver and enjoy getting quality products to market.
You are agile
Our teams take an iterative and collaborative approach which embraces changing requirements, they work in an iterative and incremental manner where the detailed requirements and design emerges over time. This requires great flexibility and discipline.
You like to share
Everyone contributes to making our friendly and open community. You are proactive and keen to share your knowledge and discuss topics you are passionate about with your fellow colleagues. Check out our Tech Blog.
Skills and Experience
- Use of CI/CD tooling such as GoCD, Jenkins etc. to build and deploy applications
- Configuration of monitoring & alerting systems - Prometheus or likewise
- Automation of configuration and deployment using a scripting language (e.g. Bash or Python) and a configuration management framework (Ansible or similar)
- Building and deploying applications using Docker & orchestration technologies (preferably Kubernetes)
- Deploying and provisioning infrastructure on AWS (EC2, VPC networking, IAM, Route53)
- Understanding of microservice concepts, such as service discovery, load balancing and autoscaling
- Understanding of security, including defence in depth, network policy/TLS
- At least a basic understanding of networking, TCP, DNS
- Some knowledge/experience with a static language & microservice framework (e.g. Java & Spring Boot)
- Linux system administration
- SQL querying and optimisation, using RDS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Service discovery and secrets management with Hashicorp's Consul & Vault
- Configuration and maintenance of NGINX
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit and breakfasts, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, half day off on your birthday, and subsidised local rail and bus travel.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or