Location: Preston Park, Brighton
About the role
As our IT Helpdesk technician, it would be your role to ensure IT systems, telephony and physical equipment at Crunch run smoothly and efficiently, calmly diagnosing and resolving issues as and when they arise. You will be the visible first point of contact with team members of all levels of technical ability requiring internal IT infrastructure support.
- Set up and configuring new starters’ user profiles as part of the on-boarding process.
- Respond to and prioritise email ticket requests and queries using the IT Support team ticketing helpdesk system to meet service level agreements. Troubleshoot and resolve first line issues, or escalate to next line of support as appropriate.
- Carry out desktop and portable computer installation and maintenance including laptops and tablets.
- Carry out hardware installation and maintenance, including printers and scanners.
- Liaise with our cloud storage, phone and internet providers to resolve issues and escalate where appropriate.
- Support with set up of projectors and TV’s in internal meeting rooms, including audio and video conferencing and operate the system for providing team updates on the screens around the office.
- Maintain internal Google and Microsoft Office systems, including implementing a process to remove users to keep our licence agreements up to date and supporting with adherence to our Acceptable Use Policy and IT Security procedures.
- Promptly deactivate passwords of leavers, forwarding account access to line management or another authorised user.
- Update user profiles in line with department moves, role changes or additional system requirements.
- Assist with desk and office moves, relocating equipment to minimise any operational disruption, ensure smooth set up and compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Set up and maintain the company asset register and highlight any requirements for upgraded or replacement equipment within the agreed budget.
- Arrange for recycling of obsolete equipment to comply with WEEE regulations.
- Maintenance of networks, to include switch and router configuration.
- Support the development and implementation of the Business Continuity Plan.
- Complete agreed out of hours working for planned infrastructure maintenance, or when an unforeseen issue arises which results in significant disruption to the business, initiating the Company Crisis Management Strategy.
Role-specific qualifications and experience
- An entry level role, following completion of academic qualifications, a career change, or with 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Natural aptitude for and a practical interest in systems and keenness to learn is essential, as ongoing development will be provided.
- IT related school or college level qualifications would be desirable.
- Customer service skills, especially face to face or using a phone or ‘ticketing’ query system.
- Enjoy keeping up to date with latest advances in technology and systems.
- Experience of AWS or similar cloud storage systems would be advantageous.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Google and/or Microsoft Office functions is required.
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit and breakfasts, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, half day off on your birthday, and subsidised local rail and bus travel.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or