About the role
As a Digital Product Designer at Crunch you will work closely with other designers led by an inspiring and visionary leader in a supportive working environment. You will collaborate on a day to day basis with our Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to help distil our vision and understand not just the 'what’ but also the 'why’, as well as effectively communicating these messages across departments and functions so they are effectively conveyed to our clients. Drawing on your visual, User Interface and interaction design skills, you’ll be able to move from discovery to design with ease. Effectively communicate our purpose, interaction, design metrics and motion to Engineering and Product teams while also understanding the big picture. As a Digital Product Designer you will possess a deep understanding of the Crunch brand and how it resonates through our entire digital experience.
- Help to set the vision for the user experience of products so that beautiful but practical solutions are created to promote usability and accessibility of our products for our clients.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of company-wide product initiatives, the company purpose and vision and department practice in order to deliver high quality design solutions.
- Clearly convey ideas and concepts to stakeholders and as part of cross functional teams.
- Champion our User Interface patterns and style guides and be the gatekeepers of our user experience.
- Investigate and explore User Interface best practice to ensure we keep raising the bar with our standards.
- Gather user feedback through testing, insight and open forum, encouraging them to lead the way so we are constantly validating our designs to ensure they evolve and are adaptable to change.
- Feedback and share ideas for process, design and quality improvements including interaction and usability.
- Share your knowledge and understanding of interaction, time, and user behaviour.
- Liaise with, coach and mentor other Design team members to ensure common understanding of tasks and duties and consistent completion in accordance with our quality standards.
- Liaise with other team members, departments and stakeholders to ensure schedules and tasks are well planned and communicated.
- Actively participate in Scrum team processes and their use of Agile principles and methodology.
- Initiate responsive and cross browser design and development activities.
Skills and experiences
- HND or Degree in Digital Product Design or similar relevant discipline would be an advantage.
- Practical project life cycle experience in particular working with agile teams would be preferred.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role is required.
- Availability of a portfolio of work examples as part of the role selection process is required.
- Experience of using design tools such as Adobe or Sketch is required.
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit and breakfasts, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, half day off on your birthday, and subsidised local rail and bus travel.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or