Location: Preston Park, Brighton
About the role
Are you passionate about software testing and looking to become a key member of an Agile development team using the latest technologies? We're looking for a new team member with comprehensive knowledge of testing and test automation to help drive our continuous deployment activities.
Crunch is an innovative FinTech company, located in the heart of Brighton, developing cutting-edge, cloud-based financial services for freelancers, contractors, and small businesses. Awarded Professional Services Firm of the year in 2016, our software is supported by a team of in-house accountants and Client Services Representatives.
You are a team player
At Crunch, everyone on the team is responsible for delivering user focused products. You are willing to work closely with others to exchange skills and knowledge and work with a wide range of cutting edge technologies to produce outstanding products.
You are a creative engineer
You are passionate about creating elegant technical solutions relying on engineering best practice and relevant patterns. You are a fast learner, an effective problem solver and enjoy getting quality products to market.
You are agile
Our teams take an iterative and collaborative approach which embraces changing requirements, they work in an iterative and incremental manner where the detailed requirements and design emerges over time. This requires great flexibility and discipline.
You like to share
Everyone contributes to making our friendly and open community. You are proactive and keen to share your knowledge and discuss topics you are passionate about with your fellow colleagues. Check out our Tech Blog.
- Designing and implementing automated cross-platform testing (mobile and web application).
- Working alongside developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis.
- Applying an 'exploratory' testing style approach.
- Performing non-functional testing including security, volume, multi-browser and accessibility.
- Working with Product Owners, Project Managers and Developers to promote and ensure delivered quality in an agile environment.
Skills and experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience of implementing and utilising test automation frameworks like; Locust.io, Nightwatch.js, Selenium, Postman, JMeter, Gherkin etc.
- Experience of working collaboratively, pairing with developers and other testers to implement automated tests at the component, integration and end-to-end level.
- Sufficient development experience to produce automation tests to a high standard, independently.
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit and breakfasts, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, half day off on your birthday, and subsidised local rail and bus travel.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or