Location: Preston Park, Brighton
About the role
Are you a QA Analyst who is interested in being a key member of an agile development team, responsible for testing both functional and non-functional aspects of Crunch’s web and mobile-based software applications? We are looking for you to help drive our continuous deployment activities forward, via the comprehensive provision of test automation. You will have significant website testing experience, be thoroughly familiar with agile development principles and implementing automated tests that will need to adapt as our applications evolve. We're seeking someone who enjoys being part of a team, but is equally used to proceeding independently, comfortable with identifying risks and communicating faults in a clear and concise way.
Crunch is an innovative FinTech company, located in the heart of Brighton, developing cutting-edge, cloud-based financial services for freelancers, contractors, and small businesses. Awarded Professional Services Firm of the year in 2016, our software is supported by a team of in-house accountants and Client Services Representatives.
You are a team player
At Crunch, everyone on the team is responsible for delivering user focused products. You are willing to work closely with others to exchange skills and knowledge and work with a wide range of cutting edge technologies to produce outstanding products.
You are a creative engineer
You are passionate about creating elegant technical solutions relying on engineering best practice and relevant patterns. You are a fast learner, an effective problem solver and enjoy getting quality products to market.
You are agile
Our teams take an iterative and collaborative approach which embraces changing requirements, they work in an iterative and incremental manner where the detailed requirements and design emerges over time. This requires great flexibility and discipline.
You like to share
Everyone contributes to making our friendly and open community. You are proactive and keen to share your knowledge and discuss topics you are passionate about with your fellow colleagues. Check out our Tech Blog.
- Testing web-apps to ensure that the delivered application matches the required design in both functional and content aspects
- Running cross-platform testing (mobile, desktop and application)
- Performing multi-browser compatibility testing
- Working with developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Apply an 'exploratory' testing style approach
- Non-functional testing including security, performance and accessibility
- Working with Product Owners, Project Managers and Developers to promote and ensure delivered quality in an agile environment
Skills and experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Practice of implementing and utilising automation frameworks like Sauce Labs; Selenium / WebDriver; Pytest (for REST API's); JMeter and other load-testing tools
- Experience of working collaboratively, pairing with developers and other testers in designing automated tests at the component, integration and end-to-end level
- Practised in using Confluence / Jira software
- Understanding of BDD and Cucumber / Gherkin is a plus
- Some development / scripting background a bonus
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit and breakfasts, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, half day off on your birthday, and subsidised local rail and bus travel.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or