Location: Preston Park, Brighton
Crunch is an innovative FinTech company, located in the heart of Brighton, developing cutting-edge, cloud-based financial services for freelancers, contractors, and small businesses.
As an experienced Scrum Master you’ll be an integral part of a centrally located and cross functional team, building the next generation of our flagship product - used by tens of thousands.
We’re passionate about agile delivery, adopting the latest technology and forward thinking development approaches.
If you share this passion and are looking for a role in which you can really make a difference - we’d love to hear from you.
Crunch Accounting Ltd is the UK’s first fully online accounting practice. We are one of the UK’s fastest growing and market leading online accounting companies and are the proud winners of a number of prestigious awards, including AccountingWEB Accounting Excellence - Innovative Firm of the Year 2017.
We pride ourselves on being a little bit different to a ‘typical’ Accountancy firm. We have a fantastic working environment and encourage team collaboration to provide world class service to our 11,000 clients. You will work with colleagues from different professional backgrounds, including software developers, sales and marketing executives and client managers. We operate in a fast-paced environment, where our clients expect real-time information and where every day is different, and we support you with studying world class accountancy qualifications as you work.
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more Product Teams.
- Proactively contribute towards the success of the Product Team on a daily basis, in every way you can.
- Facilitate the Scrum events (Daily Standups, Planning Sessions, Retrospectives, Sprint Reviews and Refinement Sessions).
- Oversee the design, build and testing of software according to Acceptance Criteria, and 'Definition of Done’.
- Assist non-technical staff with any queries and issues of a technical / team nature.
- Collaborating with the Product Owner and Stakeholders to ensure that the Product Backlog is in good shape and full of value-adding ideas!
- Dynamic, have a 'can-do’ attitude, and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role for at least one year.
- Have an appreciation of software development practices for products that host thousands of Production users.
- A good communicator, who bridges the gap between technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-organising, positive, and proactive.
- Be a Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Experience serving multiple teams as Scrum Master, across multiple products & services.
- Familiarity of Front & Backend technologies, Continuous Deployment, Service Architecture.
- Active participant in the agile community, for example Meetups, Blogs and Volunteer work.
We’ll help you fulfil your potential! If you love working in a highly collaborative, friendly and productive environment, you’ll be right at home at Crunch. We hire exceptional people who are passionate about enterprise, love helping others achieve their business dreams, and are bursting with new ideas.
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit and breakfasts, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, half day off on your birthday, and subsidised local rail and bus travel.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or