Location: Preston Park, Brighton
Are you a qualified (or close to qualifying) Senior Accountant looking to progress within your career and deliver exceptional results? Crunch Accounting Ltd is currently looking for an experienced Senior Accountant (ACCA/ACA qualified/part qualified) who is looking to take their career to the next level by joining a vibrant accountancy firm based in Brighton. Crunch Accounting Ltd is an award winning online accounting firm providing tax and accountancy services. We combine our unique software with unlimited access to tax and accountancy advice, providing our customers with great service.
This will be the perfect job opportunity for someone looking to progress into a management role who thrives on working in a fast paced environment. To be successful, you will need to be highly client focused with excellent technical skills. You will be capable of handling complex accounts preparation and tax work independently. Leadership skills are important for this role as the successful candidate will be managing and developing diverse teams of accountants and trainees and working as part of the accountancy management team.
Crunch Accounting Ltd provides accountancy, tax, payroll and other financial services to over 10,000 online clients. We take pride in helping people start up their own businesses, helping them at every step of the way. We provide exceptional service to our clients, making sure we deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
We are sure that you will find this Senior Accountant job in Brighton to be the perfect opportunity to progress your career as part of an ambitious and knowledgeable team.
Please note that while we would ideally prefer this to be a full time position we are open to a conversation around part time and flexible working options.
The main responsibilities for this Senior Accountant job include
- Oversee completion by teams of statutory accounts for Limited Companies (FRS 105 scope) and Sole Traders
- Oversee preparation by teams of complex Personal Tax returns
- Ensure all work completed by teams meets Crunch quality standards and is technically sound
- Providing accountancy and tax advice to a range of business types including start ups
- Managing teams of up to 10 accountants and bookkeepers
- Supporting colleagues across the business to meet client needs
- Working with our software development team to improve efficiencies
- Represent Crunch at external networking events, including prospective clients and industry events
- Provide guidance, training, coaching and mentoring to junior staff
- The successful candidate will be ACCA/ACA qualified (or close to qualifying) with a minimum of three years' experience working within a busy public practice accountancy firm and have a proven track record of delivering exceptional results to a range of clients.
Qualities required for the role include
- Excellent networker internally and with external partners
- Management of teams and motivation of individuals
- ICT literate, expertise with online accounting systems and able to apply/disseminate knowledge effectively
- Technically excellent and can communicate this to non-technical people
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal & listening skills
- Commercially aware
- Flexibility managing multiple priorities
- Client focussed
- Results driven
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Committed to delivering quality and excellence
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit and breakfasts, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, half day off on your birthday, and subsidised local rail and bus travel.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or