Location: Preston Park, Brighton
Purpose of the role
This purpose of this role is to focus on an outbound call approach to prospective small business clients, where leads have been generated from specific, targeted prospects lists and use of professional networking platforms. Promote the features and benefits of Crunch products and services as a brand ambassador. Provide expert advice and support in order to nurture leads to provide meaningful outbound selling opportunities, delivering rapid results and interacting with all levels to give regular updates on their sales pipeline.
- Achieve and strive to exceed monthly and yearly KPI targets, including team and individual targets for revenue generation, particularly on outbound sales activity.
- Quickly and effectively develop rapport with prospects, in particular small business clients, with a significant part of the role being outbound ’cold’ calling (effective talk time of at least 90 minutes per day) as well as converting ’warm’ leads.
- Help to establish a culture of outbound selling within the sales department as part of the repertoire of approaches to generate more sales opportunities as the backbone of our future business growth plans.
- Provide accurate and concise business advice at the point of sale to ensure prospective clients are getting the right level of service.
- Coach colleagues and be a role model for outbound selling, so the techniques for this approach can be replicated by other team members to enable versatility during peaks and troughs of sales activity.
- Engage with clients via all communication channels and platforms including telephone, email, social media and online chat.
- Manage the sales pipeline to ensure all leads are contacted in a timely manner to drive conversion rates for outbound selling.
- Perform all administrative tasks as required by the role, such as Anti-Money Laundering checks and other regulatory checks on every client as required.
- Update the internal CRM system accurately to ensure information flow between departments is smooth.
- Take payments and set up new Direct Debit instructions for new clients.
- Maximise upsell and cross-sell opportunities to our partners and clients to meet their needs.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure high levels of service are achieved.
- Represent Crunch at trade shows and industry events to generate leads, engaging in proactive networking to self-generate leads and raise the profile of Crunch in the external marketplace.
- Support local networking events/meet ups with existing clients as part of our Crunch Chorus activities.
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify potential business opportunities.
- Committed to self-development to hone outbound sales techniques and other skills and maintain awareness of enhancements to our products and services.
- Flexibility with working hours to speak to prospective clients at times to suit them, including remote evening and weekend working on a rota basis as required.
Role-specific knowledge and experience
- Previous outbound telephone and online sales experience with proven sales ability and objection handling, working as part of a driven sales team, ideally talking to our target market of small businesses.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully creating opportunities, closing business and evidence of how, when or where targets have been exceeded to drive revenue.
- At least intermediate IT literacy skills, in particular use of Google Suite packages and a market leading cloud based CRM system, preferably Salesforce.
- Previous software or accountancy knowledge or experience from working in these sectors.
- Additional inbound sales experience as part of a versatile call blending approach based on business needs.
We offer a range of staff benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit, free breakfasts in our Crunch cafe, Cycle to Work scheme, half day on your birthday, discounts at local food/coffee establishments, and a relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. You will work with great new technologies and colleagues, improving your skills to develop your career as we grow together.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or