Location: Preston Park, Brighton
Are you a qualified (or close to qualifying) Tax professional looking to progress within your career and deliver exceptional results?
This role will provide expert professional tax services to our clients. The successful applicant will ensure our clients comply with all aspects of UK tax law as applicable to small limited companies, sole traders and personal tax. The role will develop and grow our tax advisory offering while working with a highly motivated team, influence senior management and coach our team of Accountants with a desire to grow their tax knowledge. We are offering a dynamic, motivated, ATT / CTA qualified, or close to qualifying (CTA) Tax professional the opportunity to take a leading role in developing our tax services.
Crunch Accounting Ltd is an award winning online accounting firm providing tax and accountancy services. We combine our unique software with unlimited access to tax and accountancy advice, providing our customers with great service.
Crunch Accounting Ltd provides accountancy, tax, payroll and other financial services to over 10,000 online clients
We take pride in helping people start up their own businesses, helping them at every step of the way. We provide exceptional service to our clients, making sure we deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
The main responsibilities for this Tax Manager role include:
- Ensure that Crunch clients comply with all aspects of UK tax law and provide advice and leadership on tax matters including, but not restricted to:
- Employment Intermediary Reporting
- Corporation Tax
- Personal Tax
- HMRC returns for small businesses and individuals (including shares and employment intermediary returns)
- Advice on Share Structures and Transfers
- Other tax services required by our clients
- Managing Tax risk and controls
- Work effectively as a member of the Crunch Accounting Management team.
- Technically strong and able to provide advice to clients persuasively, accurately and confidently.
- Identify training needs for the accountancy service in consultation with the HR and L&D Department and ensure this is delivered.
- Develop your skills in all areas with exposure to different stakeholders across the business while further and updating your tax knowledge when required in accordance with CPD requirements.
- Provide assurance to the Crunch Accounting Ltd Board over our client’s compliance with tax legislation.
- Summarising performance of the accountancy service towards tax targets in reports for consideration, and recommending actions to be taken by the Head of Accounting.
- Effective contributor to internal meetings and forums, and help to provide content for website articles, social media posts and webinars.
- Have the ability to provide the leadership necessary to organise and manage team members’ efficiently and effectively for the accountancy service, being accountable for performance and outcomes, including quality of work produced.
- Coach team members and help to develop their taxation knowledge as we grow this area of our business.
- Represent Crunch effectively at external networking events, including prospective clients and employees.
Role specific qualifications and experience:
- Candidates must have experience of working in a tax focused role as a Tax Accountant, Specialist or Manager, ideally in a mixed tax and accountancy role in a Practice environment, though candidates with industry tax management experience will be considered.
- Should be fully qualified ATT and part or fully qualified CTA. If not completed CTA qualification, fully funded training support will be given.
- Expert knowledge of tax across different areas of UK tax and other legislation for small limited companies, sole traders and individuals, and be able to confidently apply that knowledge and experience to our clients.
- Have strong tax research skills and ability to share knowledge concisely, including the use of social media and webinars to communicate with potential or existing clients.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across all levels within Crunch and across multiple functions.
- Strong ethic to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We offer a range of benefits including a Company Pension, Life and Health Cover, free fresh fruit and breakfasts, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, half day off on your birthday, and subsidised local rail and bus travel.
Crunch prides itself on our relaxed, friendly, learning environment to thrive in. We offer a unique innovative workplace to help you to succeed and reach your career aspirations.
Candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if selected for interview.
Interested? Apply by sending us your CV and covering letter.
Crunch is an Equal Opportunities employer and we are committed to diversity and inclusion for all. We deal with all applications equally regardless of gender, race, ethnic background, religion or beliefs, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, or