Completed some work and need to get an invoice created fast? Download our free templates, created especially for freelancers, contractors, and small business owners. Alternatively, give our new Invoice Builder (beta) a whirl.
Looking for more help?
If you like our templates, you’ll love our full accountancy service. From just £29.50+VAT per month, you get our amazing online software and unlimited access to our accountants. Arrange your free consultation to find out more.
Choose your template
We have invoice templates for limited companies and sole traders, select the right one for you to get started.
Download and fill in
Download your invoice template to your computer or Google Drive, then complete it when you’re ready.
Fill in your stylish invoice template then send it to your client to get paid!
How to complete your invoice
- Invoice number: A number you assign to identify the invoice in your own accounting system.
- PO Number: Purchase Order Number – this may be provided by your client to help tie your invoice to a corresponding record on their system.
- Reference: If applicable.
- Tax Date: This is simply the date the invoice was issued. Usually today’s date.
- Payment Due By: The date the invoice must be paid by.
- Items: Normally individual pieces of work (“line items”) are listed separately to make the invoicing process more transparent for all parties.