Crunch is a multi-award winning Software as a Service (SaaS) company born in the heart of Brighton with a brilliant team of 130, over 17,500 clients and 50,000 Crunch Chorus members. Together, we single-handedly pioneered a complete online accounting solution to empower self-employed contractors, freelancers and micro-businesses in the UK, helping them to grow their business and create the lives they want as part of a powerful community.
Now we no longer have a large office base as we embrace remote-first ways of working, the role offers you the opportunity to work remotely all the time, or a mixture of office and remote working if you would prefer this as we have some temporary office space in the Brighton & Hove area.
We have an exciting new permanent Accountancy Relationship Advisor in our Accountancy team!
About the role:
To work as part of a team building and managing excellent relationships with a portfolio of small & growing business clients, providing proactive support.
The role has a primary responsibility to provide clients with exceptional customer service and to ensure that key deadlines are met and issues resolved quickly. The role will have some secondary responsibilities to support the manager with the tailored accountancy and bookkeeping services being provided to our clients.
Service level agreements (SLAs) will be set for resolving tasks and emails; and escalating complaints to resolution along with other ad-hoc requests for information and support from our clients. The role will work within a close knit team to develop systems and processes, as our new small & growing business product evolves and the client base grows.
The role must ensure compliance with accounting rules, financial reporting standards, tax rules and statutory deadlines applicable to individual clients. Support and training will be provided in this area.
- Provide excellent service and get to know individual clients in the Crunch Small & Growing Business portfolio, by being the first point of contact for them from on-boarding and then throughout the Crunch client journey.
- Provide accurate and proactive software support and advice to clients using email, messaging and telephone contact.
- Help to set up new processes as the client base grows, by replicating processes in the Client Services function and helping to automate tasks to make these more efficient.
- Work within a small team to ensure high levels of client service are achieved and maintained. This includes software support and some tasks around bookkeeping, payroll, tax and accounting services, and other Crunch services (such as personal tax returns).
- Proactively manage your own tasks, client email queries and team phone calls as part of your own workload management.
- Manage peak workloads to deliver the annual self assessment campaign, ensuring SLAs are met and that income is maximised through smart pricing and minimising refunds and compensation.
- Liaise with HMRC representatives and other third parties such as our cloud based accounting service provider for small & growing business clients as and when needed.
- Manage achievement of SLAs for responding to emails, phone calls and requests for support and advice agreed for small & growing business clients.
- Where performance towards SLA is out of line with targets, recommending solutions to the Accountancy Management Team.
- Actively promote and manage the additional services delivered by Accountants to support achievement of Crunch’s key revenue growth targets (for example, accountancy reviews, upselling packages, Client referrals, financial services).
- Escalate issues or complaints requiring intervention of an accountant or management to ensure they are resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes to tax laws, rules and regulations through company provided guidance and develop knowledge and skills and complete annual Crunch Essentials Training.
- Support the ongoing evolution of our small & growing business products, services and process; and be an advocate and Subject Matter Expert in internal projects.
- Where required, provide support to other Crunch teams, in particular within the Accountancy department.
- Support the provision of the monthly bookkeeping services, full training will be provided.
- Support the preparation and filing of P11Ds, payroll, VAT returns and self assessments; full training will be provided.
- Support the delivery of tasks associated with VAT registration, full training will be provided.
Role specific qualifications and experience:
- At least intermediate IT literacy skills, in particular the use of Microsoft Office/Google Suite packages.
- Experience of using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, preferably Salesforce.
- Client service manager level experience, dealing with client queries and meeting their needs.
- Professional bookkeeping experience working for small & growing business clients, using Xero software.
- Have embarked on or completed bookkeeping and/or accountancy qualifications, such as ICB or AAT Level 3 or equivalent.
- Qualified AAT Level 4/MAAT.
- Awareness of the features of a ‘FinTech’ business and topical issues within the wider business landscape.
What you’ll get in return:
We’re very proud of our collaborative and inclusive working environment - you’ll be working as part of a fun and vibrant team, with a whole host of fantastic company benefits!
- A competitive basic salary depending on experience (£26,848 to £30,580).
- AAT/MAAT membership renewal fees are funded.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) - plus an extra half day off on your birthday.
- Long service gift awards plus extra holidays for 5 and 10 years’ service.
- Workplace pension scheme with Scottish Widows after qualifying service period.
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa after qualifying service period.
- Life assurance (4 x salary) with Met Life after qualifying service period.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with Health Assured.
- Enhanced pay for parental & family leave.
- Store discounts with Crunch Perks.
- Company funded social events.
If an applicant discloses any disability or learning difficulty, we will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview(s), which are usually carried out remotely on video calls. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty and would like to discuss additional support available, please let us know.
Crunch is committed to equal opportunities in every aspect of our company and the community, embracing and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our team members, those who apply to work for us and our client base, without exception.
We believe that the key to our success is our people, we value the contributions and experiences of all who make up our community. Supported by our company policies and procedures, we will take every possible step to ensure that no person will suffer direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, age, neurodiversity or disability status.
I understand that Crunch reserves the right to perform pre-employment checks using a designated third party partner on all successful applicants for roles at Crunch, (including but not limited to): Right to Work in the UK verification, DBS check, address check, employment references and UK credit checks. I will be informed of the requirement for these by Crunch in advance of these being completed.
No recruitment companies or agencies please as we’re unable to accept unsolicited CVs for our vacancies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,848.00-£30,580.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Bereavement leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Gym membership
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Xero: 1 year (required)
- Bookkeeping: 2 years (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Remote