Crunch is a multi-award winning Software as a Service (SaaS) company born in the heart of Brighton with a brilliant team of 130, over 17,500 clients and 50,000 Crunch Chorus members. Together, we single-handedly pioneered a complete online accounting solution to empower self-employed contractors, freelancers and micro-businesses in the UK, helping them to grow their business and create the lives they want as part of a powerful community.
We have an exciting new full time, permanent Client Services Administrator role in our Service Operations team!
About the role:
With the ability to thrive in a busy environment, this role will provide day-to-day operational and administrative support to our client-facing teams, dealing with client queries by phone and email and providing exceptional service along the way. Working closely with the team to ensure the highest level of process quality and efficiency, whilst making certain we remain fully compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements.
The role is fully office based, working in one of our co-working spaces at The Knoll Business Centre in Portslade, near Brighton. Home working may be agreed on an occasional basis depending on the team workload and cover. However the role is not usually hybrid and regular office working is required due to the nature of the role. Applicants should live within a reasonable commuting distance of Brighton & Hove. There is free on-street parking in close proximity to the office.
- This role is open to applicants with the right to live and work in the UK.
- Please note that we’re unable to offer sponsorship to overseas candidates.
- The usual working hours are Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:30 (37.5 hours per week)
- Act as a point of contact for HMRC and Government Gateway, overseeing the completion of all manual processes to ensure consistency, accuracy of data and compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Manage administrative tasks and actions to support our clients, to ensure compliance with HMRC requirements to register Crunch as their agent and to support Crunch clients with software set-up.
- Respond to client queries on the phone and by email, ensuring that correct and compliant processes are used at all times.
- Maintain and accurately update client records in the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and Service Cloud.
- Audit team activities, including the accuracy of Companies House information, overdue tasks, enabled client accounts and missing client information.
- Administration of post activities, including opening, distributing and securely scanning post and actioning a range of post items in accordance with Crunch processes.
- Be responsible for updating the Hoxton Mix portal with new clients utilising this service. Ensure that leaving clients are updated to keep records accurate.
- Maintain knowledge of client base and systems, ensuring knowledge remains up to date as new features are added.
- Share feedback on any glitches in the systems used as appropriate.
- Take ownership and act quickly to recover the client perception of the Crunch service if something has gone wrong ensuring that the agreed service recovery guidelines and processes are used and that all cases are logged and tracked to ensure lessons can be learned.
- Responsible for monitoring and clearing the unassigned and Free client case pools. Ensuring this is completed in a timely manner to help meet SLA’s across Client Services.
- Assist with managing the eFiling portal to ensure that internal/external formation requests are handled promptly and following Anti-Money Laundering (AML) guidelines.
- Support with the management of end to end service for our legacy FreeAgent clients, including any client queries they have via cases and phone calls.
- Represent the Operations Team where required across the business, for example as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Actively look for ‘Client Value Opportunities’ to help clients manage their account effectively and generate revenue for Crunch by taking up additional services (e.g. bookkeeping, upgrades).
- Encourage clients to refer/recommend Crunch services to others at every opportunity including asking for positive reviews on selected online review sites.
- Embrace the usage of the Hibob system, which is being used by Crunch to complete regular 121 and review conversations, and for setting and tracking company and department Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- Support the Service Operations Team Manager in any other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
Role specific qualifications and experience:
- Previous experience of data entry and general administrative duties is required.
- Intermediate level of proficiency required in Microsoft Office and/or Google application packages, in particular Word/Excel or Google Docs/Sheets.
- Client/customer service experience in a ‘client/customer-facing’ role with regular contact by phone or email.
(Full training will be provided on the following if no previous experience):
- Experience of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system such as Salesforce, or similar.
- Telephony system experience.
- Specific usage of Service Cloud or similar case management system/knowledge centres would be advantageous.
What you’ll get in return:
We’re very proud of our collaborative and inclusive working environment - you’ll be working as part of a fun and vibrant team, with a whole host of fantastic company benefits!
- A salary of £23,500 per year.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) - plus an extra half day off on your birthday.
- Long service gift awards plus extra holidays for 5 and 10 years’ service.
- Workplace pension scheme with Scottish Widows after qualifying service period.
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa after qualifying service period.
- Life assurance (4 x salary) with Met Life after qualifying service period.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with Health Assured.
- Enhanced pay for parental & family leave.
- Store discounts with Crunch Perks.
- Company funded social events.
If an applicant discloses any disability or learning difficulty, we will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview(s), which are usually carried out remotely on video calls. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty and would like to discuss additional support available, please let us know.
Crunch is committed to equal opportunities in every aspect of our company and the community, embracing and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our team members, those who apply to work for us and our client base, without exception.
We believe that the key to our success is our people, we value the contributions and experiences of all who make up our community. Supported by our company policies and procedures, we will take every possible step to ensure that no person will suffer direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, age, neurodiversity or disability status.
I understand that Crunch reserves the right to perform pre-employment checks using a designated third party partner on all successful applicants for roles at Crunch, (including but not limited to): Right to Work in the UK verification, DBS check, address check, employment references and UK credit checks. I will be informed of the requirement for these by Crunch in advance of these being completed.
No recruitment companies or agencies please as we’re unable to accept unsolicited CVs for our vacancies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,500.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Bereavement leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Hove