A vital role contributing to our business performance, promoting the features and benefits of Crunch products and services to both prospective and existing clients; engaging with them as a brand ambassador to meet their needs.
This role will work as part of a small and dynamic team that thrives on delivering results; interacting with all areas of the business and key stakeholders to give regular updates on their sales pipeline.
This role will also engage with our existing client base to maximise upselling opportunities, anticipating needs and exceeding their expectations, driving long term loyalty and business growth.
The role includes regular involvement in active business development activities and attending business networking events to generate some of your own leads.
This role is a hybrid role with 3 days per week working in our central Brighton co-working space, and 2 days per week working from home or attending external events. There is some flexibility required with working hours due to attending early morning or evening networking events as scheduled in advance. Applicants should live within a reasonable commuting distance of Brighton & Hove.
A competitive basic salary is on offer depending on experience (£23,805 to £28,000) plus commission - OTE of £38,805 to £43,000 per annum
- Achieve and strive to exceed monthly and yearly KPI targets, including team and individual targets for revenue generation.
- Provide accurate and concise business advice at the point of sale to ensure prospective clients are getting the right level of service, including competitor analysis and comparison.
- Engage with both prospective and existing clients via blended inbound and outbound activities; including all communication channels and platforms including telephone, email, social media, video and online chat.
- Develop an adaptable approach to lead generation to assist with reaching targets, self-generating leads as required from the use of LinkedIn, social channels and attending events.
- Develop positive, personalised relationships with clients quickly from intuitively building rapport and understanding their needs.
- Manage the sales pipeline to ensure all leads are contacted in a timely manner to maximise conversion opportunities.
- Build knowledge on all aspects of Crunch products and services, in order to articulate their features and benefits clearly and with self-assured confidence.
- Make recommendations to clients who may be interested in upgrading their core accountancy package, answering any questions to help them make an informed decision.
- Review client’s history and service requirements, analysing this data for potential upsell leads, including any feedback they have shared such as client reviews and NPS responses.
- Perform all administrative tasks as required by the role, such as identification, Anti-Money Laundering checks and other regulatory checks on every prospective client as required.
- Accurately update our internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce to ensure information flow between departments is smooth.
- Take payments and set up new Direct Debit instructions.
- Build solid relationships between departments and with key stakeholders, in order to ensure the best levels of service are delivered.
- Represent Crunch at trade shows, industry and networking events to generate leads, increasing our profile with prospective clients.
- Support local networking events with existing clients, for example as part of our Crunch Chorus activities.
- Provide required flexibility with working hours, maximising opportunities to attend networking events and speak to clients at times to suit them, including remote evening and weekend working on a rota basis as required.
- Embrace the usage of the Hibob system, which is being used by Crunch to complete regular 121 and review conversatio
Role specific qualifications and experience:
- Previous inbound and/or outbound telephone and online sales experience with proven sales ability working as part of a team.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully creating opportunities, closing business and exceeding targets to drive revenue.
- At least intermediate IT literacy skills, in particular the use of Google Suite packages and a market leading cloud based CRM system, preferably Salesforce.
- Flexibility to adapt to different call types to meet the needs of the business.
- Business development experience.
- Software or accountancy sector knowledge or experience would be advantageous.
What you’ll get in return:
We’re very proud of our collaborative and inclusive working environment - you’ll be working as part of a fun and vibrant team, with a whole host of fantastic company benefits!
- A competitive basic salary depending on experience (£23,805 to £28,000 plus commission - OTE of £38,805 to £43,000 per annum).
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) - plus an extra half day off on your birthday.
- Long service gift awards plus extra holidays for 5 and 10 years’ service.
- Workplace pension scheme with Scottish Widows after qualifying service period.
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa after qualifying service period.
- Life assurance (4 x salary) with Met Life after qualifying service period.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with Health Assured.
- Enhanced pay for parental & family leave.
- Store discounts with Crunch Perks.
- Company funded social events.
If an applicant discloses any disability or learning difficulty, we will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview(s), which are usually carried out remotely on video calls. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty and would like to discuss additional support available, please let us know.
Crunch is committed to equal opportunities in every aspect of our company and the community, embracing and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our team members, those who apply to work for us and our client base, without exception.
We believe that the key to our success is our people, we value the contributions and experiences of all who make up our community. Supported by our company policies and procedures, we will take every possible step to ensure that no person will suffer direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, age, neurodiversity or disability status.
I understand that Crunch reserves the right to perform pre-employment checks using a designated third party partner on all successful applicants for roles at Crunch, (including but not limited to): Right to Work in the UK verification, DBS check, address check, employment references and UK credit checks. I will be informed of the requirement for these by Crunch in advance of these being completed.
No recruitment companies or agencies please as we’re unable to accept unsolicited CVs for our vacancies.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £23,805.00-£30,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brighton: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- B2B sales: 2 years (required)
- United Kingdom (required)