- Help to drive the performance of Accountancy teams towards achievement of agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Proactively manage your own tasks, client queries and team phone calls as part of your own workload management.
- Effectively collaborate with other Accountants across teams to ensure knowledge is shared, and that high quality advice and service is delivered consistently to Crunch clients at all times.
- Review work produced by less experienced team members to ensure technical accuracy and provide coaching and support where necessary - notably but not restricted to accounts produced, personal tax returns and accountancy references, and provide feedback to the Crunch Accounting Network and its outsourcing partners.
- Build strong working relationships with other Crunch service departments, in particular Client Services where teams work closely together as paired teams.
- Actively promote and manage the additional services delivered by Accountants to support achievement of Crunch’s key revenue growth targets (for example, accountancy reviews, upselling packages, Client referrals, financial services).
- Complete Accountancy Health Checks for clients, understand the nature of their businesses and provide the advice they need to operate tax efficiently as they grow.
- Proactively assist in resolving any complaints through to a satisfactory conclusion within the required service level.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes to tax laws, rules and regulations through attendance at industry courses, workshops - develop knowledge and skills and maintain Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Practical Experience Requirements (PER’s) and complete annual Crunch Essentials Training.
- Identify and offer suggestions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Crunch service proposition, including the development of specialist services to meet specific client needs.
- Maintain your understanding of the Crunch software, and update this knowledge as new features become available. Engage in system testing new features as required.
- Embrace the usage of the Hibob system, which is being used by Crunch to complete regular 121 and review conversations, and for setting and tracking company and department Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
Role specific qualifications and experience:
- May be already qualified AAT Level 4/MAAT.
- Consistent track record of working successfully towards professional qualifications.
- Previous experience of working in a team of accountants in a practice setting.
- Previous experience of working in a volume accounts environment.
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service and upselling to meet customer needs.
- ICT literate, able to quickly develop expertise on Crunch systems and able to apply/disseminate knowledge effectively.
- Already working towards a professional accountancy or tax qualification (post AAT/MAAT) such as ACCA or CTA.
- Previous line management, coaching or mentoring experience (full training and support will be given in role).
- Experience of using cloud accounting software and working in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment.
What you’ll get in return:
We’re very proud of our collaborative and inclusive working environment - you’ll be working as part of a fun and vibrant team, with a whole host of fantastic company benefits!
- A starting salary of £26,848, increasing with experience and exam success.
- Fully supported ACCA study package (online study with BPP, books/materials, exam fees, study and exam leave.
- ACCA registration and annual subscription fees are also funded.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) - plus an extra half day holiday on your birthday.
- Long service awards plus extra holidays for 5 and 10 years’ service.
- Workplace pension scheme with Scottish Widows after qualifying service period.
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa after qualifying service period.
- Life assurance (4 x salary) with Met Life after qualifying service period.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with Health Assured.
- Enhanced pay for parental & family leave.
- The opportunity to earn commission for add-on products and services.
- Store discounts with Crunch Perks.
- Company funded social events.
If an applicant discloses any disability or learning need, we will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview(s), which are usually carried out remotely on video calls. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning need and would like to discuss additional support available, please let us know.
Crunch is committed to equal opportunities in every aspect of our company and the community, embracing and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our team members, those who apply to work for us and our client base, without exception.
We believe that the key to our success is our people, we value the contributions and experiences of all who make up our community. Supported by our company policies and procedures, we will take every possible step to ensure that no person will suffer direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, age, neurodiversity or disability status.
No recruitment companies or agencies please and we don’t accept unsolicited CVs.
Please note that we no longer fund AAT professional studies for those students in progress with AAT qualifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,848.00-£34,310.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Bereavement leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- GCSE or equivalent (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Remote