The Senior Sales Executive will be an inspiring and constant role model for the rest of the sales team. They will provide expert advice and support, in order to generate and nurture leads through the signup process. They will thrive on the achievement of our ultimate business goal, to increase revenue and drive growth.
This role at Crunch will engage and interact with prospective clients to promote the features and benefits of Crunch products, services and packages.
This role will also step into the realms of partnerships and business development activities, pivoting to these when required to meet agreed business needs.
- Achieve and strive to exceed monthly and annual sales objectives, including team and individual targets for unit sales and revenue generation.
- Provide accurate and concise business advice at the point of sale to ensure prospective clients are getting the right level of service, including competitor analysis and comparison.
- Engage with both prospective and existing clients via blended inbound and outbound activities on all communication channels and platforms including telephone, email, social media, video and online chat.
- Develop positive, personalised relationships with prospective clients quickly from intuitively building rapport and understanding their needs.
- Help to manage the sales pipeline to ensure all leads are contacted in a timely manner to maximise optimum conversion opportunities.
- Build enhanced knowledge on all aspects of Crunch products, services and packages, seeking information from the relevant Crunch teams.
- Make recommendations to clients who may be interested in upgrading their existing packages, answer their questions to help them make an informed decision.
- Perform or oversee all administrative and compliance tasks within the team, such as setting up and taking payments, identification checks, Anti-Money Laundering checks and other regulatory checks on every prospective client as required.
- Accurately update our internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce to ensure information flow between departments is smooth.
- Help to develop solid relationships between internal teams and provide requested information to key stakeholders, in order to ensure the best levels of service are delivered. Attend meetings to represent the sales team as required.
- Represent and showcase Crunch at trade shows, industry events and networking events as part of the agreed event schedule and budget. These may be held within and/or outside usual core working hours and help us to increase our profile with prospective clients and provide quality Advisor driven leads.
- Support local networking events with existing clients, for example as part of our Crunch Chorus activities.
- Provide required flexibility with working hours to maximise opportunities to speak to clients at times to suit them, including remote evening working on a rota or exceptional basis as required.
- Deputise for the Sales & Partnerships Manager in a ‘Team Leader’ capacity in their absence, to manage the day to day running of the sales team, including checking and allocating new leads, target management, commission queries, management of multiple internal systems and phone cover
- Provide coaching, mentoring, advice and support to other sales team members to share experience and insights.
- Act as the first point of escalation for sales advisors and other teams, and provide support with client complaints or issues. Assess and investigate any complaints, proactively deal with service issues and act quickly to recover the client’s perception of Crunch if something has gone wrong.
- Support the Senior Sales & Partnerships Manager with any tasks or actions as required to build and maintain external partnerships, affiliate programme relationships and business development initiatives.
- Provide ideas for sales and marketing campaigns to encourage both teams to work more collaboratively.
- Embrace the usage of the Hibob system, which is being used by Crunch to complete regular 121 and review conversations, and for setting and tracking company and department Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
Role specific qualifications and experience:
- Previous sales experience at Advisor or Coordinator level, with proven ability to close sales and proactively generate own leads where required..
- Demonstrable track record of successfully creating opportunities, closing business and exceeding targets.
- Experience of using a CRM system (such as Salesforce).
- Coaching or mentoring experience supporting other team members.
- Enjoy attending external events and networking to raise awareness of a brand and build your own personal profile.
- Software and/or accountancy knowledge or experience.
- Business development, affiliate and partnership experience.
- Experience working for a financial services, professional services, or Software as a Service (SaaS) company.
What you’ll get in return:
We’re very proud of our collaborative and inclusive working environment - you’ll be working as part of a fun and vibrant team, with a whole host of fantastic company benefits!
- A competitive basic salary depending on experience of £28,000 to £35,000 (OTE of £43,000 to £50,000 including sales commission.)
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) - plus an extra half day off on your birthday.
- Long service gift awards plus extra holidays for 5 and 10 years’ service.
- Workplace pension scheme with Scottish Widows after qualifying service period.
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa after qualifying service period.
- Life assurance (4 x salary) with Met Life after qualifying service period.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with Health Assured.
- Enhanced pay for parental & family leave.
- Store discounts with Crunch Perks.
- Company funded social events.
If an applicant discloses any disability or learning difficulty, we will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview(s), which are usually carried out remotely on video calls. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty and would like to discuss additional support available, please let us know.
Crunch is committed to equal opportunities in every aspect of our company and the community, embracing and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment for our team members, those who apply to work for us and our client base, without exception.
We believe that the key to our success is our people, we value the contributions and experiences of all who make up our community. Supported by our company policies and procedures, we will take every possible step to ensure that no person will suffer direct or indirect discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, age, neurodiversity or disability status.
I understand that Crunch reserves the right to perform pre-employment checks using a designated third party partner on all successful applicants for roles at Crunch, (including but not limited to): Right to Work in the UK verification, DBS check, address check, employment references and UK credit checks. I will be informed of the requirement for these by Crunch in advance of these being completed.
No recruitment companies or agencies please as we’re unable to accept unsolicited CVs for our vacancies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £43,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Bereavement leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brighton, BN1 1YR: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Brighton, BN1 1YR